Wednesday 4 January 2012

Just when u think u know enough BANG and FCPro tells ya 'Learn more'

 So i'm setting up a new project on FCPro so the first thing I do is click on file and select 'name new project' which I do then I name and date that project then I set the scratch disc which can be a tricky enterprise since some say make a folder for all ur docs and others say save it to the Desktop - as usual one determines what they prefer and that's often the answer when one gets to learn say a little more than a little in FCPro - each editor i've talked with to help me understand FCPro over the past year has his or her own way of arriving at the time line finished movie - overall i prefer the drag and drop method whenever possible and seldom use the keyboard but use the top menu tabs and scoll down for many procedures but sometimes the movement of the timeline, the ins and outs, the increase or decrease time line length and so on i don't use the menu tabs but use the keyboard soooooo the 'pint is' my dear amigos is that as one learns;  one learns what suits their character in the 'making this damn thing' work well so that one spends most of their time in the creative work of making their movie rather than spending time wondering what the hell went wrong... and that sort of 'what the hell went wrong' was half of my work day today ... I'm going to say my prays tonight and light a candle ... wondering if that'll help my poor aging brain work more effectively. see u in the morning ... perhaps

Peter E.

No comments:

Post a Comment